So your cousin just introduced you to her friend who
is a real estate agent, and now you can't get rid of him, right? Wrong!
Choosing the right person to sell your home is one of the most important
steps of selling your home. Therefore, choose wisely.
At a minimum, speak with 2 or 3 Agents from different
agencies. Ask prospective Agents the same list of questions, in order
to compare their answers. Find out what they would do to sell your house.
Above all, choose an Agent that you feel comfortable
with and like. This person will help you make the biggest sale of your
life, so find someone you think will do a good job!
The following is a list of questions that may be helpful
to ask you while speaking with prospective Real Estate Agents.
- How many years have you been in business?
- For how long have you sold houses in this area?
- How many houses did you sell in the past year?
- What is your commission?
- If I were to work with you, how would you market
- Will you organize meetings with potential buyers
and will you coordinate them personally?
- Can you give me names and telephone numbers of
other families that have used your services?